Our Favourite Handheld Satellite Phone!
The IsatPhone 2 is a powerful, reliable satellite phone that of course gives excellent voice quality and delivers on the standards like voicemail, text and email messaging. It also includes some very nice features like GPS Tracking and Alert Assistance.
This phone can go anywhere as well… Hot and Humid, cold and freezing, sandy and windy, and about the only place it doesn’t go is underwater.
The extended life Li-Ion battery keeps this phone on standby for up to a week. Talk time is up to 8 hours on a single charge. Introduce a small foldable solar panel, and you’ve got a working phone for unlimited time anywhere.
IsatPhone 2 Features
- Rugged & reliable global satellite connection for fewer dropped calls.
- Excellent call quality and connects with PSTN (Public Telephone System).
- Extended Length Battery – 160 hours (1 week!) idle time. Up to 8 hours talk-time.
- Make or receive calls from anyone.Assistance button – sends GPS location data and
text to pre-set emergency number
- Operates globally, on land or sea (the exception is extreme polar regions)
- Incoming call alerts with antenna stowed
- Large keypad – Easy to use with gloves on
- SMS messaging – Free incoming texts messages
- Text-to-Email – 160 characters (latin)
- GPS Tracking, SOS assistance button, eCompass, speakerphone.
- GPS location coordinates can quickly text or email location from satellite phone.
- Inexpensive calling rates.
- Rugged design built for all extreme environments.
- Environmental tolerances of IP65 and IK04 – (dust tight, water jets from any direction)
- Operating temperature between -20°C to +55°C (-4° to 131° F)
- Humidity tolerance from 0 to 95%
- Voicemail, phonebook, call records, caller ID, call waiting, call holding, call baring, etc.
- Bluetooth for handsfree calling (10 meter range).
- Easy use graphical display with intuitive interface.
- Lightweight – 318g (0.7 lbs)
- Fast satellite signal acquire time – under 45 seconds.
- Languages supported – English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish