The complete system consists of three fully integrated units — an IP44 rated Transceiver Unit (TU) with built-in Wi-Fi, an IP66 rated Handset and an IP56 rated roof mounted Antenna Unit (AU). Both Antenna Units are compact and lightweight, ideal for vehicles on-the-move. It has been designed for the most demanding environments — and is easy to carry when traveling to various locations around the world. Both Antenna units are designed to withstand wind loading of up to 210 km/hour (130mph) with the included magneting mounting kit.
The SAFARI™ and the SAFARI™ 10 Land Vehicular BGAN Terminals offer the user standard voice (4kbps AMBE+2), 3.1 KHz high quality voice/ fax, and Streaming (up to 128kbps for the SAFARI™ and up to 256kbps for the SAFARI™ 10) and Standard IP data service (up to 448/464 kbps send/receive for the SAFARI™ and 492kbps send/receive for the SAFARI™ 10) for various applications, including internet browsing, email and file transfer functions.
Both terminals allow simultaneous use of all services including voice/fax, data and bonded multiple SMS messages. Physical interfaces include, 2 x RJ-11 for Voice and Fax, 2 x RJ45 for Ethernet LAN connections, a RS232 port for GPS output and 4 x GPIOs, for external control or indications.
- Firewall (full-featured)
- Fleet Tracking Capability – Geofencing, up to 10 polygon areas can be configured
- Wi-Fi Access Point (802.11b/g)
- Push-To-Talk (PTT)
- Forced Dialing – SAC Configuration Control
- Restricted Dialing (for crew calling)
- Handset call priority (allow Handset to pre-empt other active calls)
- Remote Access (for Configuration and Diagnostics)
- Backup/Restore of Configuration Settings
- Remote Transmitter Off via GPIO (Radio Silence)
- SIM Lock based on IMSI/DP Code/SP Code/APN
- Multilingual WebConsole (English, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Dutch and Japanese)
- Multi-User WebConsole with configurable access rights
- Time/Volume limited data sessions (to avoid bill shock)
- MAC Filtering
- Port Forwarding
- Hands Free Operation
- Remote Management (using SMS/AT Commands)
- IP Watchdog (for failsafe operation)
- External Ringer Control
- Supports 11 PDP Contexts simultaneously
The customer has a choice of Antenna Colour, either White or Tan for both the SAFARI™ and the SAFARI™ 10. Both antennas have built-in magnetic roof mounts, which are provided as standard. Simply place the Antenna Unit on the roof of the vehicle, connect it to the Transceiver Unit and connect the unit to the vehicle’s power source. The vehicle is now a mobile communications hub, which multiple users can access at the same time via the wired interfaces and the standard built-in Wi-Fi feature. The SAFARI™ and the SAFARI™ 10 are so versatile that the Built-in WebConsole of the unit can be accessed via any web browser including Wi-Fi-enabled Smartphones such as BlackBerrys, iPhones, iPads, Android phones and PDAs via the units secure Wi-Fi connections.
Both units also have a continuous GPS output feature which allows for GPS data to be sent out via the RS232 port in standard NMEA 0183 format. With in-built GPS module, the units are able to provide tracking and monitoring required in fleet management applications.