The launch of Sailor Fleet One from Inmarsat Maritime enables yacht and fishing boat owners to take advantage of broadband services previously only enjoyed by much larger vessels.
Accessing weather information and chart updates, staying in contact with loved-ones or keeping up with the news is now as simple to do at sea as on land.
On sailing holidays or extended fishing trips, the new Inmarsat Sailor Fleet One service ensures small vessel owners have uninterrupted and cost-effective access to the internet, and can send SMS messages and talk on the phone, anywhere in the world.
Sailor Fleet One offers data connectivity at up to 100kbps, a single voice line and SMS.
With Sailor Fleet One, fishing boat and leisure vessel owners can stay connected without having to worry about cellular coverage or network roaming charges, gaining:
- Uninterrupted access to the internet to download weather reports or navigation charts and check email
- Simultaneous phone calls and SMS texting
All the applications we take for granted on land, delivered at sea.
Sailor Fleet One also supports Inmarsat’s free ‘505’ safety service, which in an emergency directs a call straight through to a Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre (MRCC) – no matter how bad the weather conditions. So you can set sail knowing that your life is in safe hands.
All the features you need
- Simultaneous voice and IP data at up to 100kbps
- Compact, low-cost antenna
- Flexible airtime pricing
- 505 Emergency Calling
- Optional wireless router supports multiple users via smart devised and laptops
- Global voice coverage and regional data coverage supported by the Geofencing app.
- Average satellite network availability exceeds 99.9 per cent
- Easy installation.