Option #4: Iridium GO! Kit
LOW STOCK - Only 3 Units Available in June
Looking for a satellite device with smartphone integration for text, email and offshore weather forecasts?
The Iridium GO! Kit (also known as the Iridium 9560) is a satellite WiFi hotspot that pairs with your smartphone providing voice calls, SMS, text email access, offshore weather updates, GPS tracking & SOS via satellite connectivity in conjunction with the iOS/Android mobile app.
This compact, ruggedized and portable device allows you to seamlessly communicate with others from anywhere in the world, where mobile phone signal does not exist.
The smartphone integration means direct access to all your device contacts with standard touchscreen style texting making it fantastic for SMS & Email – even Twitter! The GO! is also optimised for use with the PredictWind offshore weather app if you’re out at sea.
Modern WiFi capabilities supports up to 5 devices connected at a time for text (one phone call at a time) all within a 30M radius of the GO! Fantastic for group scenarios where everyone can share the device including the rental & airtime cost.
The integrated SOS Button is fully programmable allowing you to personally choose several emergency contacts or alert directly to GEOS emergency response service. SOS & tracking features can be achieved via the GlobalSat Tracking Portal for lone worker applications.
If you’re wanting 100% security in all situations, especially high-level life or death emergencies, we highly recommend adding a PLB (Personal Location Beacon – Option #6) to the kit as it provides the best opportunity to reach search and rescue services quickly, providing your exact location whilst triggering the rescue. A PLB also provides crucial satellite network redundancy if Iridium coverage is low at the time of duress.
Most importantly, your phone will be fully charged, cleaned, and thoroughly tested providing complete peace of mind that the device is ready to use if and when you need it.
|Per Day Pricing Scale||Price|
|Long Term Hire||POA|
- 10 digit mobile number on all Satphones
- All kits include an active SIM
- Airtime usage is the only additional cost
- $1.25 per text message
- All prices include GST
- Free incoming calls
- $2.80 per minute for phone calls
All Budget Kits include the following
- Active Iridium SIM card – all satphones are ready to use out of the box
- 10-digit mobile number
- Free incoming calls (charged at standard mobile rates to the caller)
- USB Charge Cable
- 240V AC USB Adapter
- 12V DC (Ciga) USB Adapter
- Basic User Instructions
- Kit Contents List
- Supplied in a Pelican Protective Case
The following accessories are also available:
- Spare battery (good addition for long hiking trips, etc where charging is not available)
- External Antenna (recommended when using the satphone in a vehicle, boat or indoors)
- Portable Power Bank (provides 2 full charges)
- Vehicle Cradle (w/RAM windscreen mount – holds the phone securely when traveling)
Iridium GO! Hire Kit Specs
|Case Dimensions:||L195 x W130 x H80 mm|
|Phone Dimensions:||L114 x W82 x D32 mm|
|Talk time:||5 hours (approx)|
|Standby time:||15 hours (approx)|
|Voice Calls:||$2.80 per minute (billed in 60-second increments)|
|Text Messages:||$1.25 per text (160 characters)|